In 2011, the Port of Sunnyside took the lead role in the redevelopment of the Carnation property. Built in 1941, the structure served as a milk plant and more recently as a winery. However, concerns of environmental contamination and building deterioration inhibited further investment.
Despite the challenge, Port Commissioners maintained the vision to create a successful project. With assistance from the state's capital budget the former milk plant was demolished and readied for future development.
With rail spur, water sewer lines and large electrical service the site is ready for future use.
Posted August 31, 2018